Imtech provides electrical installation for Campus Drie Eiken
Imtech will be responsible for the entire electro-technical installation:
- Low and medium voltage
- Security: fire detection and access control
The new infrastructure, designed by POLO, follows UAntwerpen's expansion and the need for a vibrant heart on the campus. XL FUND, a long-term collaboration between investor/owner Xior Student Housing and property developer LIFE, will develop the project on the principle of long lease, making the developer also the long-term end investor and manager.
The new facilities, built by sister company Cordeel, will be erected on the existing car park 3 in order to preserve the existing green space. The building envelope is constructed using the patented C-fast prefab system, developed by Cordeel. This system has the advantage of virtually eliminating the need for beams. Beam, column and slab form one flat unit.
The project includes;
- the new construction of 226 student housing units spread over 2 volumes, a tower volume and a beam volume;
- the new construction of a small supermarket, a number of small food bars and a bicycle repair shop, linked to a large new bicycle shed, integrated in the beam volume;
- the new construction of sports infrastructure, consisting of a gym, strength hall and 2 sports fields;
- the new construction of a restaurant, integrated into the sports hall volume;
- construction of a new ground-level outdoor car park under the sports hall volume;
- the reconstruction of car park 2;
- the construction of a new 4,395 m² square with water feature and greenery around the new building volumes, resulting in a new beating heart for the university campus.
Sustainability is central to this 'climate-adaptive' project. Geothermal energy and heat pumps will be provided to ensure a completely fossil-free future, with maximum comfort in terms of heating and cooling; in addition, a lot of attention will be paid to building intelligence and demand-controlled lighting.