Service building Kallosluis, Port of Antwerp-Bruges
The new primary heating system, designed by Imtech, consists of two heat pumps (air/water) on a low heating regime (45°C/40°C) in the mid-season, linked to three booster heat pumps installed indoors. These heat the low operating regime to a high operating regime (75°C/65°) in the winter period. This results in a total heating capacity of no less than 560 kW.
Imtech took on the entire project, from study to maintenance. The work included:
- the demolition of the primary heating system;
- the installation and connection of heat pumps & booster pumps;
- the renewal of the primary control system;
- the construction of the new technical installation;
- the installation of two new electrical boards
- the electrical cabling;
- two new circuit breakers in the existing ALSB board
To further optimise energy efficiency and continue monitoring and fine-tuning the installation in the future, all the necessary components and programming for energy monitoring were also provided. Imtech will be responsible for maintenance over the next two years.
The new heat generation installation will reduce CO2 emissions by 170 tonnes per year and achieve a calculated energy reduction of no less than 50% (reference year 2019). In addition to the purchase of 100% green power, solar panels were installed and a hydro turbine in the lock will also provide additional power of its own.
Thanks to these efforts, the service building is the first climate-neutral building to undergo this transition within the Port of Antwerp-Bruges 'fit for 55' objective, marking an important step for Port of Antwerp-Bruges in their ambition to make almost all buildings virtually climate-neutral by 2030.
- Start of construction design: 25 April 2022
- Completion: 30 September 2022
- Maintenance: until the end of September 2024